International call progress tones for IP-PBX and VoIP telephony
Telephone Line Signalling
Search for Engaged tones in the World Tone Database Back to guide
- Also known as the Engaged tone.
- A tone advising the caller that the telephone number is busy.
- Typically, the busy tone is a quick period tone, where the On period is equal to the Off period.
- The tone consists of either a single tone or a combination of up to three tones. When a single tone is used, it may be modulated by a lower frequency tone.
- The most prevalent, by country, is 425 Hz at 0.5/0.5 (on/off in seconds).